2017 Resolutions Challenge hosted by Laura @ trips down imagination road and Michelle @Because Reading.
You can sign up HERE anytime between December 1st to March 1st, the challenge starts January 1st and ends December 31st. The 2017 Bookish Resolutions Challenge is about setting New Years Resolutions for reading, blogging, and writing.
It’s that time of year again. Time to start reflecting on the things you have accomplished this year and start planning on what goals you want to achieve in the year to come. I didn’t do very well with accomplishing all the goals I set out for myself in 2016. I think mainly because I went through a blogging slump and spent most of the year completely disorganized. I’m hoping I can change that trend in 2017.
Have I found some miraculous well of inspiration to put me in the mood to blog again? Well no, but I’m determined to climb out of this funk I’ve somehow let myself get buried in this year. I’m setting up reminders on my calendar to post an update every month to keep you all posted on how I’m doing. (Pssst that is totally my way of saying to please hold me accountable because I’m gonna need all the help I can get LOL) Organization I think is going to be the key in accomplishing quite a few of my goals so I don’t lose track. If you know of any other tricks or tools that can help please let me know.
You are only required to select 2 main goals (reading, blogging, writing) with 3 sub-goals in order to include personal goals in the challenge. As you can see below I set out 2 main goals that I want to work on and a bit more than 3 sub goals each. I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about books so I included some goals for that as well. Seems like a lot, but I think I can manage it with the proper motivation. I’ll be happy if I can achieve 3 sub-goals out of each section. If I do then I’m totally going to buy myself a new laptop or something like that. Incentives are the best motivation! Haha, ok so let’s move on to my goals for 2017 below.
- Read 1 Classic or Modern Classic book per month
- Read 30 books that I already own throughout the year (about 2-3 per month)
- Read 6 Non-Fiction books during the year
- Get my Netgalley percentage up to 80%
- Complete my Goodreads reading goal
- Write 2 book reviews per week
- Participate in the Blog Ahead challenge
- Set up a blogging schedule and stick with it
- Go to a bookish event (festival/book signing) and blog about it
- Participate in VEDA
- Upload videos 2 times a week at the minimum
- Set up a vlogging schedule and stick with it.
- Create a trailer for the channel
- Create an intro/outro for the channel
- Be more active
- Be more organized
- Participate in NaNoWriMo
- Take a class (any class) at my local community college
Those are my bookish goals for 2017. I put my goal for NaNo under personal goals because I didn’t really have 3 sub goals for the writing goals. I haven’t really felt inspired to write in years. I think I’ll take baby steps toward starting that part of my life up again.
Are you participating in the challenge? What goals did you set? Let me know in the comments!